- This event has passed.
About the course
This workshop is rooted in the science of how the body and brain react to pressure and stress and offers a practical and non-fluffy guide to maintaining and building your resilience. Delegates go away with many insights, tools and tips.
- How the body and brain respond to pressure and the effect of the stress reaction. How the brain’s survival mechanism produces ‘lower order’ emotional reactions that can be unhelpful in the workplace. The balance between good v unhelpful stress.
- Reframing your thinking. Understanding the ‘thinking traps’ we sometimes fall into and how you can step back, strip out the emotion and re-assess and handle pressurised challenges. A group exercise where delegates analyse a previous situation.
- The science behind, and benefits of mindfulness and breathing techniques, including scientific evidence of how they impact the brain and the stress reaction. A review of the apps and other tools available.
- Keeping your focus and limiting distraction. Why technology makes us butterfly between tasks and keeps us in a state of ‘continuous partial attention’. Practical ideas on how you can change the way you work to stay focused and be more productive.
- Exercise, relaxation, sleep and diet. How other aspects of your lifestyle impact the way the body responds to pressure and can help build resilience.
About the trainer
Paul Phillips spent many (stress-filled) years working in agencies including Ogilvy, FCB San Francisco and most recently 14 years at VCCP. During his last 8 years at VCCP, he founded and ran the specialist healthcare agency VCCP Health, where he first got interested in mental health.