Creativity for Good
We are delighted to be working with the CATS foundation, our chosen charity for our Creativity for Good initiative 2023.
We have now launched the initiative and look forward to hearing from interested agencies.
Please contact Jenny for an invite to the briefing meeting (online teams call) on Tuesday the 25th of July 11am -13:30pm.
What is Tay-Sachs and Sandhoff disease?
- Tay-Sachs and Sandhoff disease (known collectively as GM2 gangliosidoses) are rare neurological genetic disorders that are caused by the lack of a vital enzyme in the brain.
- This enzyme plays a vital role as it clears “waste” that collects in the cells in the brain – without this enzyme the waste builds up causing damage to the brain.
- Sadly, the disease is terminal and those impacted by the disease lose the ability to function independently over a period of time – they go from being able to walk talk, eat and interact with their environment to ending up in a wheel chair, being fed by a tube, having uncontrollable seizures and requiring 24-hour care.
- The diseases are very rare and around 1 in 320,000 people are born the disorders in the UK
Who is the CATS Foundation?
- Duchenne UK has one clear aim – to end Duchenne: a severe muscle-wasting disease diagnosed in childhood.
- The CATS Foundation is the only charity in the UK providing dedicated support to families affected by Tay-Sachs and Sandhoff disease. Since we were established in 2011, the charity has been instrumental in leading the research into possible treatments for these cruel diseases.
- Collaborating directly with pharma, HCPs and families, we ensure that our community is always at the forefront of the discussion as we work towards our goal of finding a cure for Tay-Sachs and Sandhoff disease.
- With a strong peer-to-peer support model, we now ensure that families don’t feel isolated after receiving the devastating diagnosis of these cruel diseases.
- At the heart of our charity are families who are all dedicated to reaching that goal and we won’t stop until we’re there.
Let’s stand together and fight!
- Briefing meeting with the charity and all interested agencies, via teams – Tuesday 25 July at 11am – 12pm
- Submission of interest by Friday 4 August
- Pitch dates will be mid September so until then to work on the campaign!
- Decision of successful agency – 1 October
Last year, Evoke Mind+Matter won the Creativity For Good 2022 challenge and helped Duchenne UK, the national charity that funds research and healthcare to support those affected by Duchenne muscular dystrophy (DMD). The Duvet Days creative delivered on all areas of the brief and further fundraising objectives were smashed at the PM Society Awards in March 2023, where Evoke Mind+Matter was honoured to be awarded their Award!
Corrina Safeio – Group Managing Director UK – Evoke Mind+Matter.
“We strive to have a positive impact on the communities we serve and society as a whole. Our people go to extraordinary lengths to volunteer and raise vital funding for community groups and charities. We talk about making ‘health more human’ as the core of everything we do and the experience of taking part in this amazing opportunity, set up by the PM Society, continues to show how we bring this to life through the creativity and passion of the brilliant people at Evoke Mind+Matter. The team were so excited to have an opportunity to work with a fantastic charity, doing such valuable work, and poured their knowledge and experience into ensuring that we helped Duchenne smash their fundraising target and raise their profile. The whole agency got behind this Creativity for Good project and I’m proud of the amazing results they achieved.”
Amy Littleton – Fundraising Director – Duchenne UK
“Taking part in the PM Society’s Creativity for Good initiative was an overwhelmingly positive experience for Duchenne UK. We are so grateful to all the agencies that took the time to apply and present their amazing ideas to us. Working with Evoke Mind+Matter to develop and deliver Duvet Days has been a true pleasure. The entire team shared our mission and worked with skill and passion to create a campaign that we absolutely love. The impact of their support is already being felt in the vital funds raised through Duvet Days that launched in February 2023. An impact that will grow over the years as we are able to host Duvet Days for many years to come. Thank you PM Society and Evoke Mind+Matter for joining our fight and playing your part in helping us to end Duchenne.”