This course is designed to increase account executive’s proficiency in assertiveness skills. In a busy working environment, building relationships and managing workloads can be difficult to navigate. Assertiveness is a learnable skill to increase our ability to communicate effectively, maintain healthy relationships, and handle difficult situations.
Assertiveness takes into account the rights and feelings of others and at the same time helps to achieve a win-win outcome. During the course, we explore common barriers to becoming assertive and introduce methods to help in specific situations.
Who should attend:
This course is aimed at account executives, however, assertiveness is a universal skill that can be developed. So the course will be relevant to anyone looking to enhance their effectiveness in this area.
What does the training include:
Session 1: Defining the skill of assertiveness
10:00 am – 12:00pm
- Explore the core behaviours linked to assertiveness
- Discover the power of beliefs and how they link to assertive behaviour
- How to manage our brain’s automatic response to people and situations
- Explore common barriers to becoming more assertive
- Know how our thoughts can trigger our emotions
Session 2: The tools
10:00am – 12:00pm
- Utilize transactional analysis to enhance the effectiveness of our communication
- Recognise the role we play when communicating with others through the ‘drama triangle’.
- Identify our communication style and how we can increase our influence
Session 3: Adapting our approach
10:00am – 12:00 pm
- Become aware of micro-messages and how we may communicate unconsciously
- Use techniques to help build our confidence
- Use assertive wording to assist in conflict scenarios
- Formulate an action personal plan
Matthew Plant Trainer & Coach
Matthew Plant has 20 years’ experience developing learning solutions for multinational organisations. He has held learning consultant roles with Hemsleyfraser training group and Virgin Atlantic Airways.
In 2013 he took the opportunity to relocate to Oman joining Energy Development Oman (a joint venture between the Omani Government and Shell International) developing learning interventions in leadership, management, coaching and personal development.
During his career, he has helped with learning interventions with clients such as Rolls Royce, Liverpool Victoria, Cancer Research, The Bank of England and International Maritime Organisation.
Matthew has a business and marketing degree, a CIPD certificate in training practice, a certificate in coaching, a practitioner in MBTI and Neuro-linguistic programming. He is an accredited trainer with the TAP training foundation. See more about Matthew on Linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/in/matthew-plant-2041799/