Are you in an increasingly challenging Medical Affairs role? Are you relatively new to Medical Affairs and working hard to deliver impact and value in your new role? If yes then this series of five short, sharp modular interactive training delivered over Zoom is developed specifically for you to enable you to deep dive into some very practical key ‘must know’ topics including skills, capabilities and experiences that you will be able to use and apply immediately.
The role of medical is moving at pace from one of support to one of leadership. The module topics have been specifically chosen based on recommendations from senior medics with extensive pharmaceutical industry experience.
The experiential training offers a safe space within the group for Medical Affairs professionals from pharma and biotech companies to learn together. It is supported by content and publications on the role of the Medical team in industry articles, publications and with the latest business models and thinking and facilitated by expert Uptake Strategies’ facilitators
Module 1 overview – Strategy development (11th October)
- What is strategy development and why is it important for the Medical Affairs function?
- Review what strategy and strategic thinking are and why they are important to the medical function.
- Explore why strategic thinking is a unique differentiator for the medical affairs function.
- Understand the importance of strategy for medical and how to develop and communicate them.
Module 2 overview – Insight and leadership (13th October)
- Insight generation and the leadership role of Medical Affairs
- Understand the difference between data/information and insights.
- Understand how to develop insights that matter and share them with impact both externally and within the organisation e.g., to shape the Brand or R & D strategy to improve outcomes for patients.
- Identify what are the priority areas to explore using a patient journey map and aligned to brand strategy.
Module 3 overview – Shaping the Brand Plan (15th October)
1. The role of Medical Affairs in shaping the Brand Plan
- Review the annual Brand Planning cycle that exists across the Pharmaceutical industry at global and local levels.
- Demystify jargon, myths and watchouts.
- Reinforce how the medical team adds value at multiple points along the Brand Planning journey including strengthening the competitive situation through evidence generation and pulling in HCP, Payer and Patient insights.
- How to develop the Medical plan as part of the Brand plan.
Module 4 overview – Multichannel Medical (19th October)
- Building a tactical multichannel Medical Affairs Plan
- Understand the range of tactics available in a medical affairs plan across digital, hybrid and face to face channels
- Create HCP and patient-centric medical engagement tactics aligned to clear objectives and brand priorities
- Define the key steps to implement a medically led project working with key external and internal stakeholders
Module 5 – Stakeholder engagement (21st October)
- Engaging with stakeholders and the power of networks
- Understand the critical role that medical play in engaging externally to share scientific information.
- Cover practical topics from a medical perspective to understand what a KOL is and how to develop/execute an engagement plan of relevance linking to the Brand Plan.
- Activate thinking about both the importance and the requirement to internally network to engage multiple functions for Brand and personal development.
Uptake Strategies – course authors and facilitators
Uptake Strategies is a specialist healthcare consultancy offering award-winning, industry leading planning, capability and launch expertise to global healthcare companies and their cross-functional teams. With a team of trusted, seasoned professionals and proven industry experience, we have practical expertise delivering custom-made solutions to drive medical and commercial performance making us uniquely placed to share our insight and experience to strengthen your Medical Team capability.