Who can enter?
Entries for these awards may be submitted by any domestic, regional or global:
• Communication company working in healthcare (eg creative, market access, PR, medical education)
• Pharmaceutical, biotech or life sciences company
• Patient organisation or body
• Professional association
• Healthcare charity
• Healthcare provider (eg NHS, Bupa, CMU)
• Technology or software company operating in the healthcare space
• Other healthcare company or agency
Effectiveness and Craft Awards
Wednesday 6 April 2022 to Thursday 30 March 2023 – Entries must have been active, online or in use at some stage between this date range
Friday 6 March 2020 to Thursday 30 March 2023 – Evolving Campaigns for Success (3 years)
Entrants need to give examples of work carried out between March 2022 and March 2023.
Language and markets
Programmes or campaigns aimed exclusively at overseas markets only (i.e. non-UK) must be supplied in an English language version with relevant metrics / performance indicators. They will be judged in exactly the same way as UK programmes.
All entries, where applicable, must comply with the ABPI Code of Practice or, for overseas material, the appropriate national or regional code.
Campaign extensions (or entering projects that have been entered before)
Entries which are extensions of a previously entered campaign must, in the opinion of the judges, be noticeably different from previous executions.
The exception is that an entry made last year into Evolving Campaigns for Success can be entered again into the same category this year, as long as there is new data to represent the extension of the campaign over the last 12 months.
An entry previously submitted into a craft award (but not into an effectiveness award) may be entered this year into an effectiveness award if the eligibility dates still apply and the entry now has relevant effectiveness data. It may not be entered into a craft award unless it’s a campaign extension, which is noticeably different from previous executions.
Number of categories you can enter
Any project with the same creative idea, or it’s constituent parts, may be entered into a maximum of TWO CRAFT and TWO EFFECTIVENESS categories.
Suitable content for these awards
We welcome entries from, but not exclusive to;
- Pharmaceutical – Prescription medicines
- Pharmaceutical – Over the counter medicines
- Health or Medical Charity – Patient support, disease awareness
- Medical Devices including digital therapeutics that is classified as a medical device (digital therapeutics must have a CE mark and/or UKCA mark, in addition to being GDPR UK compliant and meeting Digital Technology Assessment Criteria (DTAC) requirements)
Veterinary Health and product-related entries cannot be accepted. Work highlighting a social, environmental or political issue is not eligible unless there is s significant health or medical component.