The goal of this course is to improve your presentation skills. You will learn how to deliver impactful presentations in any setting, including board meetings, presentations, and teaching. Additionally, you will acquire skills that can be applied to online, virtual events, and recording of talks and lectures.
What will be covered?
Module 1 – What makes an effective presentation
- Understand what makes a great presenter
- Explore the common behaviours associated with delivering a great presentation
- Understand how to craft a compelling presentation
- Learn how to use visual aids to improve your presentation
Module 2 – Developing Presentation skills
- Understand how to deliver presentations with lasting impact
- Learn how to handle nerves and public speaking fears
- Discuss how to handle difficult questions
Module 3 – Practising your Presentation skills
- Watch a series of presentations
- Deliver your presentation to the group
- Understand your personal presentation style
- Formulate a personal action plan to continue developing your skills.
Who is the course for?
This course is recommended for anyone working in a healthcare communications agency (in account management or a medical writing role), that is looking to improve their presentation skills.
3x 2 hour training session delivered in-person, or online, for a group of up to ten participants. This session will contain a mix of presentations, group discussions, case studies and exercises. In the final session, participants will have the opportunity to present a short 5-minute presentation to the group to practice their skills. Between sessions there will be tasks to complete to facilitate learning.
At the end of this course you will have:
- Learned the components of an effective presentation
- Learned how to deliver presentations with lasting impact
- Put everything you have learned into practice by delivering a presentation to the wider group.