People Management training is a specialised programme that aims to equip you with the skills, knowledge, and methods necessary to succeed as a manager.
While most people are promoted to management positions based on their technical knowledge and years of experience, every manager needs a set of universal management skills that relate to getting the best performance from other people. To succeed as a manager, you must be able to succeed with people.
This course, run over 3x 2 hour sessions will teach you a set of people management skills that will enable you to get the best performance from others. These skills include goal focus, communication, conflict resolution, planning, performance management, time management, motivation, and leadership.
What will be covered?
Module 1 – Developing managerial skills
- Understanding the importance of management development
- Recognising the qualities of an effective manager
- Exploring your managerial style
- Identifying the challenges of developing managers
- Developing communication skills
- How to manage your emotions
- Developing effective time management habits
- Developing problem-solving and decision-making skills
Module 2 – Performance management
- What is performance management and why it is important
- Setting performance goals and objectives
- Providing feedback
- Using coaching skills to develop others
- Motivating and inspiring others
Module 3 – Managing teams
- Understanding team dynamics and behavioural styles
- Building highly effective and performing teams
- Running effective meetings
- Managing conflict
- Effective delegation
Who is the course for?
This course is recommended for anyone working in a healthcare communications agency (in account management or a medical writing role), who is taking the next step in their career to a role where they will be managing others. It is also suitable for managers who are looking to refresh their skills in people management and haven’t received any formal training in this area before. It would also be beneficial for anyone looking to be promoted and would like to understand what managing other people would entail.
At the end of this course you will be have:
- developed key skills that enable you to manage people effectively
- learned strategies to manage teams considering different team dynamics and behavioural styles
- learned the importance of good performance management and why it is key in leading high performing teams