Who will benefit?
Clients at all levels responsible for managing advertising agencies and originating new creative work for print, video, digital material, conferences. N.B. The course is not so relevant for clients who are mainly adapting existing campaigns.
- Useful insights into how an agency operates plus pointers on how to improve the overall partnership, solve issues and work together day to day.
- How to brief the agency.
- How to judge creative work, respond in creative presentations and feedback.
- How to work with the agency from initial ideas to an approved campaign and then through the production process.
- How to run a client/agency appraisal.
- Some thoughts on different approaches for running pitches.
Client organisations and advertising agencies are often seen as two very different worlds. This workshop is designed to help clients build a strong partnership with their agency, increase productivity and ultimately produce more effective communications. It will include lots of practical advice about how to work with agencies through all the key stages of campaign development.
About the trainer
Paul Phillips spent over 25 years in advertising agencies. The early part of his career was spent in consumer agencies – 12 years at Ogilvy and Mather followed by 4 years at FCB San Francisco.
He then switched over to healthcare and founded VCCP Health in 2008. The agency grew to a 40-strong team and was the most awarded agency at the PM Awards three years running. He left the company in 2017 and now provides consultancy and training to clients and agencies.