- This event has passed.
This course will give attendees the knowledge and tools they need to understand the latest guidelines for working with local Market Access in 2020. It will help delegates to think like a health system leader and to understand how decisions are being made and, more crucially, how pharma can be a part of the solution.
The day will consist of a combination of presentations and practical case studies, where you will work in small groups with key senior NHS budget holders to critically appraise and challenge your thinking enabling you to develop new strategies and tactics. You will work with a specific NHS budget holder challenge and carefully consider solutions to those challenges.
Who will benefit?
The course is designed specifically for market access managers (office and field-based), marketers with responsibility for market access, sales directors, Agency account managers and directors
What will be covered in the course?
- Market Access – past, present and the future
- Latest NHS strategic context with the NHS 10-year plan (England) – implications for pharma market access & uptake
- The latest on Integrated Care Systems – what’s pharma’s role here?
- Value/outcomes-based commissioning – what is it, how to do it and what pharma need to consider
- Ensuring the marketing mix is tailored to the need payers
- Case Study workshop (delegates must choose 1)
- NHS Budget holder challenge – specialised commissioning
- NHS Budget holder challenge – CCG commissioning
How is the workshop run?
A balanced combination of upfront presentations from Key NHS leaders, a practical case study workshop and a Q&A session to maximise your learning experience.
- An opportunity to put yourself in the shoes of the payer and understand how decisions are being made
- An insight into the evolution of outcomes-based commissioning & contracting
Please note that this course is focussed on England only. PM Society Training can offer a course for the devolved nations subject to demand